I just figured out the source of my e-mail malfunctions for the last semester or so.
WSU rolled out a University wide Exchange server under the auspices of a project dubbed Connect!. I tried activating it when it was still in beta and it promptly crashed on me and ate my
@wsu.edu mail. No problem, though, I simply switched the forward back to my personal e-mail address. No harm, no foul. Or, so I thought.
Let me bring you up to speed. WSU’s e-mail situation is, basically, crazy. I have the following e-mail addresses that are completely independent of each other: (forgive me if I miss one)
This is a forward-only address.
Where forward-only addresses used to be directed.
Where forward-only addresses are now directed.
My department e-mail address.
From my old work.
The issue was my loss of
@wsu.edu e-mails was rooted in that the Exchange server is configured to takeover your
@wsu.edu address. Therefore, if someone who was using Connect! sent me an e-mail, then it would skip Go! and proceed directly to my stillbirth
firstname.lastname@example.org inbox. An inbox not checked in my rather comprehensive Fetchmail configuration.