- Develop game to a working demo state.
- Become an X-Box licensed developer.
- Begin testing early in cycle. Use as much of Microsoft’s test teams - take suggestions from the testers! This generates hype via the inevitable information leaks.
- Invite industry writers through out development process, and send quarterly test demo versions. Generate hype by being good to the press.
- Announce $10k tournament. Partner with iGames to freely distribute game to X-Boxed LAN centers.
- Use MSNBC and loving press to keep continual updates and hype on the game and tournament - this drives sales.
- Use LAN centers as local -> sectional -> regional tournaments. Top regional winners go to televised national tournament. Top X-Box Live winners go too.
- Partner with GameCaster/MTV/Spike for national broadcast of final tournament.
- Announce free patch based on year’s data, update game, and move to year #2 of tournament. Maintain hype.
If you follow these steps, males will be all over you. It can only just build. You probably don’t even need to release that good of a game.
Flaws, suggestions, ideas to make it better?