I have more projects, big and small, than which I can devote my attention. The same is true of friends, business ideas, experiments, hobbies, and adventures. You know, off my head.
I have too much life.
In that vein, a few weeks ago I put together a list. I want to share it with you.
Things I’d Really Like To Pull Off In 2009
- Successfully complete year three of my old Life Plan:
- Self-employed or effectively independently operating in a previously existing organization.
- Traveled to at least two continents, with one trip having lasted longer than six months.
- Evaluating relationships in terms of marriage criteria.
- Formulate a new Life Plan for the next five years.
- Keep learning the guitar.
- Movable barre chords by February.
- Finish And I, Hotel California, Desert Grave, Talk Her Down.
- Pick back up dancing:
- Salsa lessons
- Swing lessons
- Bouldering a V5.
- V4 by March.
- Release a side-project once a quarter:
- Winter: flickrsync / pif
- Spring: FriendQueue
- Summer: OurTorrents
- Fall: TagMail
- Blog more. Blog harder. Blog longer.
Is that a year’s worth? It doesn’t feel complete. Do you have any suggestions?
Since we’re honest here, I suppose I also put together another list...
Things That Don’t Seem So Appealing
- Settling down.
- Becoming rich.
- Indulging my vices.