- There are about 160 Interpol Red Notices for sex crimes.
- There are nine Interpol Red Notices from Sweden— in total, for all crimes.
- Three of Sweden's nine Red Notices stem from sexual offenses.
Sweden publishing a Red Notice is unusual. But, not particularly so wrt. sex offenses.
Here are the organizations responsible for all of the Red Notices from Sweden:
- SVEA COURT OF APPEAL, STOCKHOLM / Sweden, SWEDISH NATIONAL POLICE BOARD, STOCKHOLM / Sweden (5 notices)
- KRISTIANSTAD DISTRICT COURT / Sweden, THE NATIONAL POLICE BOARD, INTERNATIONAL POLICE COOPERATION DIVISION, STOCKHOLM / Sweden
- INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC PROSECUTION OFFICE IN GOTHENBURG / Sweden
- SODERTALJE / Sweden
- COURT OF APPEAL / Sweden
The International Public Prosecution Office in Gothenburg stands out. It's not a court. It's not a city nor region. What is it?
Prosecution Office in Gothenburg handle cases in Västra Götaland County and Halland County, including cases involving cross-border - and even some national - organized crime, non-Nordic legal aid cases, matters of extradition, to surrender under the European arrest warrant, transfer of proceedings, etc.
It weird. You'd think the courts would handle their own paperwork. Even the Prosecution Office has a dedicated notice for English visitors trumpeting their involvement thusfar.
I'll have to ask a Swedish friend to understand more.